Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Round and Round, Around the Roundabout with Randy Roundtree


I was getting onto W14th this morning on my way into work, as I do everymorning, and as I waited to get onto the roundabout (seeing as traffic was unusually busy this morning on W14th) my eye was fixated on the Steelyard commons. Then all of a sudden it hits me. What a horrible idea, why would anybody in their right mind want to shop in a steelyard?

I remember driving through Gary, IN last month and seeing the same concept of a steelyard commons in full functioning form. Is this where we get our ideas to improve our city? From Gary, IN? We have plenty of lakefront property and even a river we could continue to clean up and develop into a urban shopping community, and that's where I believe are focus for development should be.

Your thoughts?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The roundabout is the worst thing in the history of Cleveland. That this is so awful. I'm guessing within a couple years they design something new.

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and do we really need another Home Depot? what's next? a Quaker Steak and Lube? do you see bad this is getting? has anyone thought of how confusing it is to get to the Steelyard Commons? anything you can see from the highway, but have no immediate exit to that destination, rather have to sometimes travel passed what you are seeing to get to routes that will lead to the aforementioned destination will only confuse Clevelanders and further congest the Metro Curve and Jennings "freeway". Hey! that was my first sentence not phrased as a question!! and why couldn't it have been a Lowe's? crap... so close....

10:41 AM  
Blogger bpr90c said...

Randy Roundtree is right!! Why are we spending money on this crap? What happened to developing the lakefront and the east bank of the flats. We should be taking ideas on redeveloping the downtown area from Chicago, not Gary, IN.'

Randy Roundtree for Mayor!!

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, driving there will be a headache. X-Mas time will be a nightmare. OH and how long until that place is run over by the ghetto? I hope they just don't make the place turn into Cleveland Slumbyard.... ZING!

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, we shall see. I'm hoping that these buildings will give the neighboorhood some job stability. Maybe the surrounding towns will experience some growth as well.

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Randy Roundabout is crazy! I love the steelyards!!!

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the roundabout....now I don't have to drive up and down W 14th trying to solicit sex from latino boys. I think the Mayor should legalize prostitution in the roundabout....maybe put up a 12 foot cage to keep the little boys in. As for StillHard Commons, whoever came up with the bright idea didn't realize that Ghetto + Stores = Ghetto Stores. Are they thinking commuters that work downtown will stop there for a new lawnmower, a couple furnace filters, and a rock of crack on their way home? Even if I lived downtown I would still drive 10 minutes down I-90 to civilization to get what I need. Hey, at least StillHard Commons will generate some serious tax dollars for Cleveland City Schools.

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Free Web Site Counters